Checking in with Athlete Ellen Brennan Frat:
Experienced Wingsuit B.A.S.E. jumper who’s been jumping since 2006, participated in many competitions and film projects. Also an ICU nurse and new mom.
Titels and archivements:
- Former „fastest flying woman in the world“
- TEDx Chamonix speaker
- First person to successfully grab an object during Wingsuit flight – Dunkin Donut stunt for the Advertisement
- World Wingsuit League (WWL) competitor 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018
- Red Bull Aces competitor in 2014
We talk about:
- What brought you into the Wingsuit B.A.S.E. Sport?
- Why are you so passionate about it?
- What mental difficulties or challenges came up as you proceeded in the Sport? What exactly was it?
- How did you master them?
- How do you deal with uncertainty, worries or fear in the B.A.S.E. Sport?
- Would you like to share some of your fears or uncertainties?
- How did you find your way into the competitive Wingsuit B.A.S.E. World?
- Did you have someone around who supported you on that way?
- How do you deal with being competitive and the competitive pressure? Especially as the only woman at the WWL.
- How do you focus and bring such good results?
- What is your recipe for being so successful?
- How come not many women are seen competing in Wingsuit B.A.S.E.?
- What do you think should happen, so more woman become interested?
- What different mental aspects do you see for woman compared to men in the sport?
- What would it take to bring up more woman in the sport?
- You got married last year and your baby-boy was born – does that change your mental engagement towards your Wingsuit B.A.S.E./ Competition
- What mental difficulties arise?
- What means mental strength or mental power to you?
- What do you wish for yourself in the future?
- What tips can you give other athletes and especially woman on their way in the Wingsuit B.A.S.E. Sport
- What further plans do you have in mind for 2020?